Saturday, May 12, 2007

Day -1

Today was the last day in Kent. It included a final exam (Design and Analysis of Algorithms), a couple hours of packing, a trip to Taco Tontos, and some very difficult goodbyes see-you-laters.

The drive down took a little longer than usual, what with my van containing almost all of my worldly possessions, and what with being in a convoy alongside my parents.

One thing, though. I was driving, and "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd came on the radio. Now I love this song. In case you forgot how good, here's a reminder:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs]

Take your time
Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come
and they will pass.


Something about driving around with all your worldly possessions in the back of your van, on your way to a big new job in a big new city and a big new future made this song just ring true for me. It was...outstanding.

And just to reinforce Skynyrd's awesomeness, "Freebird" came on later, but since it lasts approximately forty minutes from start to finish, I drove out of range of the radio station before it ended. Now that's how you know a song is long.

So I'm at my parents' house tonight, and I fly out tomorrow afternoon. Expect a post about that tomorrow night. For now, it's 2:00am and my nerves are keeping me awake. That, and Trading Places is on Comedy Central, uncensored. Something tells me I'll be up for a while longer.

No comments: